Thursday, November 24, 2011

Holidays!



I'm off to NSW tomorrow, inland from Gloucester and Taree on my 13 hour or so car trek to my brother's. He lives on a fairly remote slice of land with his wife and son, some dogs/horses/cats, too many snakes and a whole lot of cattle. 
It seems to be a UFO hotspot lately (he's woken to fierce bright lights. And his wife, who is a nurse and works nights, had a UFO/light speed up behind her car and then half overtake her before disappearing from sight) but I must say I really don't want to see one of those unidentified flying objects *g* -- paranormal writer or not!! (If you'd seen the movie The Fourth Kind, supposedly based on real footage, you'd understand my reluctance!)
Besides which I've had my fair share of paranormal 'stuff' happen. I've had ghostly encounters in the past, plus lived in a haunted house in my teen years -- wasn't fun! So I'm pretty happy to get on with my own existence and problems, thank you very much!! LOL
On a 'safe' topic, fuel in QLD is around 1.55 a litre for premium (gulp) - it will be interesting to see how the V6 turbo fares on the long drive. And did I mention I'm taking Miss four, Miss 'almost' 14 and my mum along for the drive? (my poor husband is stuck working again!)
I couldn't be a truck driver - those long hours really wear you down. But I do love long distance driving once every now and then. I used to drive on my own from Sydney to Gympie and back in the days when it used to take around 15 hours one way-- did it once while having to stop and breastfeed my (then) baby =)
Take care everyone over the holidays, and I hope you all have a wonderful, Merry Christmas!!





5 comments:

Kylie Griffin said...

Drive carefully, Mel. And I hope you don't encounter any flooding along the way! :-)

If in doubt on road closures check out the RTA website or ring the local council numbers in the area you're heading to or listen to the local ABC radio - they're usually good for road closure/flooding information. (SES no longer are allowed to distribute that info - political reasons)

Have a great break away!

Mel Teshco said...

Hi Kylie!

I'll have to remember the ABC radio - thanks for the advice =))

Eleni Konstantine said...

Happy and safe travels, Mel.

Mel Teshco said...

Thanks Eleni,

home safe and sound - and no UFO's! LOL

Eleni Konstantine said...

LOL - glad to hear it - on both counts. x

New Release coming soon! Winning Offer

  The third book of the Bachelor brothers of Sydney will be released at the end of this month! I hope you guys enjoy this novella, it's ...