Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Writing Process: Blog Chain

I'm taking part in a writing chain that is leaping from one writer's blog to another. Very Cool! I was asked by the fabulously talented S.E Gilchrist to take part next. I met S.E through an anthology idea that blossomed into short stories through Momentum's Hot Down Under line. Since then S.E has written books in sci-fi, fantasy, contemporary and everything in between. You can find her here:
 http://www.segilchrist.com/


What am I working on now:

I'm finishing off my contemporary single title (with romantic and fantasy elements) and hope to either gain an agent for it or sub it to a publisher very soon. Aside from that, waiting for edits on 3 different ms'.

How does my work differ from others of its genre?

I find that my erotic works aren't all about the sex, I plot a lot of action and drama amongst the emotional and physical aspects.I also like to create worlds (like my dystopian and alien worlds) that are different from anything I've read.


Why do I write what I do?

Because if I couldn't write what interested me I wouldn't write at all. I love to explore different genres, heat levels and characters. It's why I've written contemporary, sci-fi, paranormal and even inspirational. If I wrote one type of genre or heat level  all the time I'd get bored and that wouldn't be good for me or my readers lol

How does my writing process work?

I get up, check social media between emails, then I do a bit of housework and eat brekky etc. After that I write when I can and everything else revolves around it - except on school holidays, then things change up a bit LOL. But I write something everyday, even if its only a couple of hundred words and on a scrap of paper. Also if my muse is being ignorant I know it's time to give my current ms a rest and work on something else. I almost always have at least three manuscripts on the go at once, with a handful more waiting their turn.

Next Week!

Shona Husk

Four time ARRA finalist Shona Husk lives in Western Australia at the edge of the Indian Ocean. Blessed with a lively imagination she spent most of her childhood making up stories. As an adult she discovered romance novels and hasn’t looked back. Drawing on history and myth, she writes about heroes who are armed and dangerous but have a heart of gold—sometimes literally.

With stories ranging from sensual to scorching, she is published with Carina Press, Ellora’s Cave, Samhain Publishing and Sourcebooks. You can find out more at 

www.shonahusk.com
www.twitter.com/ShonaHusk
www.facebook.com/shonahusk
Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/lySiD


Cate Ellink

Cate Ellink became intrigued by the erotic when her grandfather used to pass books to her father saying, “Don’t let the girls read page X.” Although her mother and sisters never bothered to chase those pages, Cate always did. Invariably, her imagination was better than what she read.

While pursuing a career in science, Cate amused herself by writing about ordinary events and giving them an erotic twist. It’s taken more than a few years to bravely expose her mind to the public. While the events in her stories may have occurred, it’s highly likely that her imagination is far more exciting than the reality.

Cate lives near the beach in NSW with a long-suffering husband.

Find her on:

Facebook person (www.facebook.com/cate.ellink)
Facebook author page (www.facebook.com/CateEllinkAuthor)
Website (www.cateellink.com)
Email (cate@cateellink.com)
Twitter (@CateEllink)

No comments:

99C Dark Mafia Romance for a limited time!

  For those readers not already in KU, I've put book 1 of the Gangsters at War series on sale at Amazon for 99c for a very short time. E...