Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Stone Cold Lover

I sent my ideas off yesterday for the front cover of my gargoyle novella, Stone Cold Lover... To say I'm excited is an understatement, and I can't wait to see what the art dept come up with! Will post the cover here the moment I can - and also the release date of the book =)

I've finished working on the first chapter of my next book (title yet unknown) and I'm really *really* excited by the hero and heroine. The hero in this one is quite, well - bad! More about this at a later date!

In the meantime I'm also working on a single title novel with my co-author and good friend, Kylie. To say it's different from my usual, paranormal writing, is quite an understatement. With almost 25000 words down, I'm hoping to up the ante and get some words down real quick.

12 comments:

Sandii Manning said...

Hey Mel,
Can't wait to see the cover of Stone Cold Lover. So cool! Keep us posted on the release date. I soooo want to read it.

Well done on your word count. I hang my head in shame and and reach for the keyboard.

Go You!
Sandii

Becca said...

Great to see you here in Blog land!

I'll look forward to seeing the cover - you know a cover means it's all real?!

=)

Your 'bad' hero has me intrigued...

Mel Teshco said...

Thanks so much Sandii and Bec! Yes, it's all slowly sinking in that I'm not dreaming, and I'll really be published!!
And go Sandii, reach for that keyboard! You're so close now!

Sue BT said...

Hey Mel!!!! OMG, this must mean you're *really* on your way. You're talking release dates and covers and everything.

I can't wait to see your cover. I wonder what your ideas were?

Mel Teshco said...

Hey Sue,
I can't wait either!
Oh, lots of ideas... hee hee!

Rachael Johns said...

Hey Mel... great to see you in blogland! Love to hear more about your collaboration too!!!

:)
Rach!

Tracey O'Hara said...

Mel - sweetie - so lovely to see you here. I can't wait to read Stone Cold Lover in it's full published glory. CAn't eait to see you in a few months.

Mel Teshco said...

Hi Rach!
Ooh, my collaboration with Kylie is a story called BELIEVE, which is loosely based on real-life events, and adapted of course into a plot with lots of emotional happenings thrown in. A sister who is psychic and in and out of mental hospitals, a brother who is a doctor in training with a spiralling drug problem... I won't continue and spoil it all though LOL...

Tracey - Thanks for visiting the blog you helped me unravel! can't wait for your book and to see you (everyone!) at the conference!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Mel - congrats on entering the Blog-o-sphere! And can't wait to see your cover and read the story :)

Mel Teshco said...

Hi Eleni,
welcome to my blog (I'm a bit behind the times!) and thanks for your congrats =)

Christina Phillips said...

Hi Mel!

Can't wait to see your cover! Welcome to blog land, but be warned, it can be addictive!!

Mel Teshco said...

Thanks so much Christina!
Oh, yes, I'm finding that out just how addictive it is - very quickly!!!

Damaris - coming soon!

  The fourth book of the Alien Fugitive series, Damaris, is coming at the end of this month! I'm just now finishing this book and puttin...