Sunday, December 22, 2013

2013...The Year That's Almost Been...






I've had a pretty solid 2013 year. On a personal front, I moved house 10 hours to the tropical North, where we are renting while our house is getting built. 
We'll be on 13.5 acres surrounded by mountains (not houses) with a tiny little town just a minute's drive down the road. A little farther up the road, you'll come to a large hillside with a winding road and little waterfalls tumbling down alongside the road.  Up top there's lots of rivers where you can view platypus playing and swimming. After a 'hectic' day's viewing, you can call in at the 'chalet' which is a pub that sits atop the hill with beautiful views of the valley (you can see our property) and you can drink a nice icy cold brew of whatever takes your fancy, or perhaps a burger while watching the the crazy people in their hang gliders take off from a ramp just below the veranda of the pub. (it's a drop-off and a half below!)
My brother had his first baby this year, born at just thirty weeks and with some complications, but they're hoping she'll be able to come home soon. Little Sofia Hanna, such a beautiful name (not sure if he knows I have a book out with the heroine's name in the title!)
On the writing front, I've had a few releases this year, with some others sitting on editors desks and in the waiting queue.

 


Believe is my first ever inspirational book as well as my first ever co-authored book. It's a longer length story of around 100k, with much more room for readers to 'connect' to the characters. We've already had emails from readers who've cried as they read the story and also really understood one or more of the characters. Mostly, I think, Josie, who is the mentally-disturbed (at least in her parents eyes) sister of James, the hero.






Enraptured is about my heroine who was bullied as a child, but who has found love in the most unlikely of places - as a high class call girl. I can't help but think of Pretty Woman when I think of this story - the heroine loves her work, loves how admiring men make her feel. But that's all put on the line when a billionaire 'regular' decides he wants her all for himself.

 








Abducting the Princess is the 2nd book in my Nightmix series - a shape shifting world where shifters and humans coexist in an uneasy alliance, and where the 'nightmix'  - creatures born from human and shifter parents - are an atrocity who at any time could give into their murderous compulsions.

I loved the world building in this one, a desert kingdom where horses are their only transport and kings are the rulers of their domain. Lusting the Enemy is book 1.









Galactic Flame is book 3 in the Alien Hunger series, where my heroine pretends to be her sister to save her from being whisked away from Earth and to another planet, where an alien male prince has his wicked way with her. I plan to write another book in this series early next year, where her sister gets two men to keep her happy BWG!

No comments:

Damaris - coming soon!

  The fourth book of the Alien Fugitive series, Damaris, is coming at the end of this month! I'm just now finishing this book and puttin...