Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams

The world lost a wonderful, smart, funny and compassionate man yesterday, a man whose laughter seemed to hide a hell of a lot of pain. I think its safe to say he touched many of us with his amazing movies and acting ability, and his down-to-earth attitude that made him seem like 'one of us'. I can't even imagine the horror his family are going through right now.

I remember when Kylie Sheaffe approached me about co-writing a book. One of the characters in the book, Believe, was someone called The Professor. We'd always imagined Robin Williams in that role in our minds, imagined him playing that character in a movie based on the book. (Hey, you've got to dream big, right?) It seems odd, but for me at least, I feel like we knew him more intimately through the character, had some kind of connection there with the Professor's portrayal in the book.

If nothing else now, I only hope his death brings to light the dark, silent illness that is depression. RIP Robin, you'll be sorely missed by many.





No comments:

Damaris - coming soon!

  The fourth book of the Alien Fugitive series, Damaris, is coming at the end of this month! I'm just now finishing this book and puttin...