Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September!


It's been an eventful September so far, with the flu hitting me for six and my oldest daughter having a knuckle replacement. And let's not forget it's my birthday this month - I'll be 43 *shriek* - where has the time gone!!?? So anyway, it's made me realize that life is short and you've got to chase down what you want in life (wrestle it to the ground if need be). I'm doing that right now and going after what I want. I'll let you guys know how I go! Let's face it, opportunity doesn't just fall into one's lap...

 How many times have you heard someone bemoaning their lot in life? How often do you just want to shake them and tell them how good they've got it - and to go out and chase their dreams! I often think they should go visit a children's cancer ward and then maybe they'll realize just how lucky they have things...
 
On the writing front - this September sees me doing edits for BELIEVE with an October 30 release date! This story encapsulates everything about hitting rock bottom but getting back up and seeing things more clearly - realizing what they have is a gift not a curse. In short, my hero James turns to drugs to repel the visions and dreams he begins to have. He doesn't want to end up like his sister, Josie, who not only sees things and has an imaginary friend, she believes in them too. It isn't until he meets his new neighbor, Marina, who he's instantly attracted to but who just happens to be very heavily pregnant to another (abusive) man, that he starts to face his demons.

On that note, hope everyone has a great September, I'm looking forward to a cocktail party near my birthday *rubs hands* - happy reading!

No comments:

99C Dark Mafia Romance for a limited time!

  For those readers not already in KU, I've put book 1 of the Gangsters at War series on sale at Amazon for 99c for a very short time. E...